Hello, phone company? You sent me a cat in my bill. I’m not sure that’s part of my calling plan.
Today’s Writer Wednesday is about the joys, and the whys, of snail mail. Without further ado…
Five Reasons To Send Snail Mail
- Getting non-bill mail is way more fun than getting bill mail. Sorry, phone company.
- You suddenly have a reason to use all those stickers you’ve been collecting your whole life. (No, I’m not spying on you; I have the same kind of collection.)
- Here’s a Zen reason: when you’re full of ideas, and feel like an over-filled balloon, writing a letter instead of sending an email or talking on Facebook can help you get the ideas out of your head and onto the page. This will help you bleed off some of the pressure and help you keep in touch with your friends and family.
- There are even Meetup groups centered around snail mail. I’m serious! If you’re here in Chicago, here’s the one I belong to: Snail Mail Revolution.
- You might find that you like it so much, it will kindle, or rekindle, an interest in small mail art. There’s a large, global community for it, too! My friend Shellie Lewis talks about it on her blog – and she’s got a ton of other inspirational stuff there, too. Check it out, here.